Pack the house for the Hayloft open mic night on Thursday

Note: This entry has been updated to correct the TV station mentioned in the second paragraph and to add a link for more info on the swap meet.

Bill Dungjen — the emcee and driving force behind the Hayloft open mic and the related weekly radio show “The Roundup” on 90.7 FM WNMC — sent me this email and posted the same on Facebook today:

“This Thursday (Jan. 20) TV 29&8 news’ Up North Live program will be filming at The  Hayloft in support of the swap meet. They may try to create a feature for us at a later date as well. I would appreciate your help in packing the joint. Tell your friends!”

So Bill, here I am telling my friends.

The Hayloft is on M-72, about five miles west of Traverse City.

The swap meet he refers to is a musicians’ swap meet that will be at Solon Township Hall in Cedar on Saturday, Jan. 22 from 1 to 5 p.m. There will be live music there, as well, featuring many of the Hayloft regulars.

Now, I have a personal interest in telling you about this, being a regular performer at the open mic. I’ve also written an essay about it that is to appear in the March issue of Traverse Magazine.

Hope to see you at the open mic, the swap meet and the magazine. (I won’t see you reading the magazine, but I’ll know. Believe me, I’ll know.)

Article Comments

5 thoughts on “Pack the house for the Hayloft open mic night on Thursday”

1. Yes Kris, that’s exactly what it is. Instruments, equipment, etc.

There are more details here. I’ll also add the link to the story above, along with the correction that it’s TV 29&8 that’s doing a spot on it, rather than 7&4.

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx