3rd Annual Traverse City Labor Day Bridge(s) Walk – FAMILY FRIENDLY

8 A.M. Monday, September 1, 2014  Front/Park Streets – in front of the EuroStop Cafe’  No Registration or Charge

Showcases the outskirts of our town crossing under and over the Grandview Parkway Bridge, viewing the bay and the new Clinch Park, walking through the Warehouse District and along the weir, crossing over Wadsworth Bridge again viewing the Boardman River, hiking behind the museum/old library, crossing over the Union St. Bridge and coming back to walk along the boardwalk over toward Cass St. and the Cass St. Bridge, approx. 3 miles.  

If you can’t walk the Mackinac Bridge, then walk with us. No Charge, listed on the Michigan Fitness Foundation bridge walks.  This will be my last year organizing this walk; I would love to see a charity take over.  My whole purpose of providing this walk is for our families who live here to come down town when it is quiet and view our amazing landscapes.  The plan is to stop at each of the four bridges to take time to look at the beauty surrounding us – not about speed today, but about inhaling nature.

Article Comments

Leave a Reply