For more than a century Mackinac Island’s fudge has been an institution that’s become famous worldwide.
The festival features a number of fudge-related events activities including:
· Great Turtle Slow Ride Bike Race
· Fudge Making Demonstrations & Tastings
· Architectural Walking Tour
· Fudge infused cocktails and desserts at Island restaurants
· Pink Pony Beer Tasting
· Dining under the Influence of Fudge
· A special concert at the Inn at Stonecliffe: An Evening with Audra Kubat
· Miss Michigan Sugar Appearances
In addition, Island fudge shops host the “Daddy, I want the Golden Ticket & I want it Now!” fudge vacation contest. Much like in the movie, Five Golden Tickets are placed in special packages of fudge from the following fudge shops: Joann’s Fudge, May’s Fudge, Murdick’s Fudge, Murray Hotel Fudge Company, Ryba’s Fudge and Sander’s Candy. Those who purchase the package with a Winning Golden Ticket inside receives a 2-night stay on the Island at one of the following hotels: Bicycle Street Inn, Chippewa Hotel, Island House Hotel, Lilac Tree Hotel, Mission Point Resort or Murray Hotel. It also includes ferry tickets from either Arnold Transit Company, Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry or Star Line Ferry, as well as sightseeing tickets with Mackinac Island Carriage Tours and Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory.
Mackinac Island is in the Straits of Mackinac east of the Mackinac Bridge, about two hours north of Traverse City. Accessible by ferry, airplane or via the ice bridge in winter.