This year, the Traverse Area District Library (TADL) will celebrate National Library Week (April 14-20) by hosting a silent auction of five Little Free Libraries.
Think about teaming up with your neighbors to bring a one-of-a-kind Little Free Library back to your neighborhood. It’s a fun way to spread the love of reading and build a sense of community.
The five Little Free Libraries, built through a collaboration with local Eagle Scout, Keegan Kaipio from Troop 35, will be on display in the lobby of the Main (Woodmere) Branch starting April 1. Interested members of the community are invited to team up with their neighbors to bid and bring home a Little Free Library to their neighborhood. It’s a fun way to spread the love of reading and celebrate community. Communities Matter.
- Bidding will open on Sunday, April 14 at noon.
- Bidding will close on Saturday, April 20 at 5 p.m.
- The winning bids will be contacted on Monday, April 22.
- LFL Overview, FAQ and bidding forms will accompany each library.
- There will be a minimum bid.
- All money raised will benefit TADL Teen Services