Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos
Time: May 3, 2013 from 8:30am to 12pm
Location: Grand Traverse County Health Dept.
Street: 2600 LaFranier Rd.
City/Town: Traverse City
Website or Map: http://www.thirdlevel.org
Phone: 231.922.4800 or 800.442.7315 (Elizabeth)
Event Type: and more
Organized By: Third Level Crisis Intervention Center
Latest Activity: May 1
safeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone.
A one-day, 3 hour workshop for community members with all levels of helping experience interested in learning practical skills to competently and confidently connect a person at risk of suicide to help.
By the end of the workshop, participants are prepared as an alert helper:
* Capitalize on opportunities to help someone with thoughts of suicide.
* Recognize when a person might be having thoughts of suicide.
* Engage in direct and open discussion about suicide.
* Identify resources available to help and connect a person at-risk for suicide.
* Have confidence in being an effective resource yourself.
*Be part of a team improving the community's response to suicide.
$40 Fee includes materials and refreshments. There are a limited number of scholarships available courtesy of the Benzie County Community Chest: eligibility includes those who live in or serve residents of Benzie County. Call for details. Receive 3 Social Work CE Hours.
Registration begins at 8:30am, workshop 9am-noon.
Space is limited; registration deadline: Apr. 29. Register online at www.thirdlevel.org or call number(s) noted above.