The 2nd Annual Traverse Traveler Scavenger Hunt for Autism returns to downtown Traverse City Saturday April 13, 2013! This family-friendly event was created to raise money for the TCAPS iPads for Autism program, increase awareness about autism, and of course, have FUN!
About the Scavenger Hunt
Teams of up to 5 people will participate in one of three event tracks:
- Family Track: Geared toward families with younger children, the Family Track features kid-friendly activities, family-friendly locations, and check-in locations that require only moderate walking.
- Challenge Track: Recommended for teens and adults, the Challenge Track uses more advanced clues and involves a bit more walking. Teams will complete a “challenge,” like food tasting, group photo, or other fun activity, at each check-in location.
- NEW! Wheels Track: Held in part along the TART Trail, teams will navigate this fun new course in and around downtown Traverse City with bikes, wheelchairs, or other non-motorized, “wheeled” transportation.
Teams navigate from place to place, using the Traverse Traveler smartphone app (available for iPhone & Android) to “check in” at each location, complete tasks and collect prize tickets along the way.
- Instructions for each activity and clues to the next location are supplied by the app.
- Corporate and individual donors pledge to Donate Per Check-in, so the more people who participate, the more donations we collect for the iPads for Autism program.
- A finish line party follows where participants can vie for donated prizes, enjoy refreshments and meet other teams.
Register your team!