MyNorth Community

Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos

must-own albums? best holiday song ever? guilty-Christmas-pleasures?

Help us build the ultimate playlist!

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll get things started by getting this one out of the way:
Run DMC "Christmas in Hollis"
My all time favorite is A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vince Guaraldi Trio
I have to agree with Bethany on this too. I have to listen to Christmas music all day for 30+ days at Home Depot and the only tunes that don't drive me up the wall are Guaraldi's and George Winston.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. I also agree with Bethany and Durk. There's something very special about every song in this collection. Festive, but in a calm, relaxing style. In particular - I like "Oh Christmas Tree". Makes me want to hear it right now.
Winston did a nice version of the entire Charlie Brown Christmas album...but antiquity wins...the atmosphere created in Guaraldi's recording is second to none...superb jazz, those warm major 7th chords...a very atmospheric record...Merry Christmas...
Has to include "The Best of Brenda Lee, The Christmas Collection." 20th Century Masters. Great versions of Jingle Bell Rock and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, and you even get a little social righteousness in "I'm Gonna Lasso Santa Claus."

I'm gonna lasso santa claus and the reason is because,
I know a boy and girl he never goes to see,
He never brings 'em toys like he does for me.
I'm gonna pop, pop santa clause with my water pistol gun, bang bang
And then i'll take his bags of toys and run and bring to all the kids who don't have none

And who can deny the sublime smarm factor of "Strawberry Snow"? Fantastic.
Jeff, that's hilarious...because I always tell our family, "It's not Christmas without Brenda Lee"....see? We read to know we are not alone... Merry Christmas....

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

MyNorthTickets.com

© 2014   Created by Michael Thompson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service