MyNorth Community

Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos

In March, chef/owner Harlan "Pete" Peterson announced the closing of the Midwest's haute cuisine oasis, Tapawingo, after an amazing 25 year run. Now, where to go for that very special dinner Up North? Where does the food and the service make you over-the-moon happy?

Tags: Northern Michigan Restaurants, Petoskey Restaurants, Tapawingo, Traverse City Restaurants

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, let's just say that Tapawingo is irreplaceable first. Now where will we go? La Bacasse? Funistrada? We've not been to North, but we need to get there. Blue's on our list to try ... Samuel's is changing to Gusto, so that's going to be different. Amical? Stellas? We had such a wonderful time at Tapawingo with our daughter last fall. (sniff) There's certainly an opportunity for someone to seize the gap ...
Tapawingo, you are already missed.

Blu and La Becasse—yes! A few others on my mind: Andante in Petoskey, Aerie at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa. And it is more lake-town, relaxed atmosphere and cuisine, but my husband and I had a very romantic and delicious dinner on the porch at The Glenwood in Onekama. And I'm thinking about the morel dinner at The Rowe Inn in Ellsworth. Where else...?
that kind of a magical dinner? Cafe Cortina, in Farmington Hills. Intimate atmosphere, extremely well prepared food attention to detail. True to the cuisine. authentic. Romantic you can sit in the gardens and eat. La Becasse is the only one Up North that would come close.
Try the Edgewater Bistro in Charlevoix. Chef, Alen Plungis and his wife Mandy opened this gem last May and it has gotten rave reviews. They have a special menue offering variety ranging from steaks, chops and lake favorites to lobster pizza. They have a full breakfast and lunch menue too. Located just north of the bridge in Charlevoix... waterfront dining at its best.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

MyNorthTickets.com

© 2014   Created by Michael Thompson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service