MyNorth Community

Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos

Can anyone recommend a signature dish or two around Michigan that is famous for being gut-busting, creative or disgusting?

The sort of meals you win a t-shirt or several trips to the bathroom for eating -- the sort of meals you can't burn off with a quick five-minute run. The sort of foods you'd see on http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I've heard that the Cottage Cafe (Cottage Inn?) has a 2-pound burger...? And I've already experienced JP's Mess, which is made of several pounds of eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, onions and peppers. Any others in the area?

And to further clarify, I'm talking about these sorts of awesome dishes:

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got a tweet from a friend that pointed me to this:

From the article:
The $20 burger will feature a sesame-seed bun made from a pound of dough, five 1/3-pound beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips.

Source: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29980022/

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. Anyone want to go to GR with me to try it?
We caught a Whitecaps game a couple weeks ago and I witnessed a family of 5 splitting this hog! Crazy!
It sounds like near the end of making it they decided "screw it! throw everything on there!" and that's where the chili, chips and salsa came from. :)
la senorita has the 4lb Big Juan burrito. it is just a seasonal offer, and i'm not sure WHEN its around, but you win a shirt if you finish it all. :)
Hopefully it's an XXL shirt, to suit the body that comes with eating a 4lb burrito. Don't they also have something with a cream cheese patty? The Carlos? The Carlito? The Carlton?
My husband always has to get the Big Apple Pancake at the Original Pancake House in either Bay Harbor or Grosse Pointe Woods. I think it is monster of a pancake, but he seems to polish it all off. It is always delicious when I get a tiny bite off of his plate.

Yummy. It's not so pretty, but apple pancakes sound good.
I thought the Village Inn in Suttons Bay had a hamburger that was a full pound and had two fried eggs on it, but I can't find it on their website ...
then they should have mynorth media create a great new website for them....
Ham Bonz near the corner of 8th and Garfield puts out a fantastic, but gut busting, omelette. Their pit omelette contains four eggs and piles of ham. No, I haven't eaten one myself, but my reliable sources say it's worth a visit. Check it out, Michael.
Oh, great awesome extra large sized foods there! Nice sharing this to anyone I know too!

I don't think I would be able to consume the one posted by Michael Thompson there! lol

That would be great for 2-3 people, right?
Each year in Petoskey, the Knight of Columbus have a Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut dinner thats all you can eat - The emissions could heat many homes by the end of the night!!!

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

MyNorthTickets.com

© 2014   Created by Michael Thompson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service