MyNorth Community

Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos

Show Off A Little! Share Photos, Stories & Tips About Northern Michigan Tournaments, Races, Competitions and Feats for Charity

Did you win the Cherry Pit Regatta? Catch your biggest fish ever in the Grand Marais Offshore Challenge? Walk the midnight to 3:00 a.m. leg of the Relay for Life? Complete the Cherry Festival with your best time? Share your photos with us, your tips, your highs and lows and what it took to get to the starting line. Lots of people would love to do what you're doing but they don't know how to start. Your experience may be just what they need.

Whether you're riding in the upcoming Tour de Tart or casting a line at the Benzie Fishing Frenzy, Northern Michigan is filled with events that engage our passions and challenge us physically and mentally all year round. By sharing your experiences you will not only be up for a pat on the back from us all, but you might just inspire a handful of people to shoot for that accomplishment themselves.

Tags: Northern michigan tournaments, charitable races, northern michigan events,, northern michigan races,

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is my dad (front of the boat - his 33rd canoe marathon) and his canoe racing partner from this last weekend! They placed 11th out of 90 boats. This year they had about 30 more boat entrants then most years, from all over the USA and some from Canada and I think Belize too.

Rick Joy and Russ Reker portaging Foote Dam outside of Oscoda. Photo by: Rick Dallas Photography.

I love this event! It goes all through the night. Support teams travel the river and set up at different points to get food and water to their canoeists. Along the river there are gatherings of people lit by lanterns and flashlights and all of the sudden, there is a canoe! It is a grueling and yet very festive event. Congrats to your dad!

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

MyNorthTickets.com

© 2014   Created by Michael Thompson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service