MyNorth Community

Northern Michigan Forum-Share Events, Travel Ideas, Photos, Videos

Okay, so money is tight right now, but we can't hole up altogether. I've tried (thought about...?) the frugal lentils-and-quinoa diet and it really makes me crave a burger night out all the more!

Here are a few delish deals: 1/3 off Sushi all day on Tuesdays at T.C.'s Firefly. 2 for 1 entrees every Sunday at the elegant blu in Glen Arbor. And the apropos Po'boy and a Pint for $6.99 all day Wednesday at at Pearl's in Elk Rapids. (I have a hard time deciding between the slow-cooked beef brisket or the buttermilk fried chicken.)

Where else Up north can you eat great on the cheap?

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Friday night all-you-can-eat pasta bar at Tali in Frankfort. Pick your pasta, sauce, and toppings, go back for more! I don't remember the exact price, but it was a good deal.
I have a few more for us!
Early Bird Dinner at Tuscan Bistro in Traverse City: every day 4-6p.m., $20 per person for glass of wine, salad, entree and dessert.
Sunday Dinner for 4 at Hanna in Traverse City: $29 for family-style salad with house vinaigrette, three pastas with house-made sauces.
Two for $29 at Pier Restaurant, Harbor Springs and The Weathervane, Charlevoix:every day in December, famous seafood chowder or bibb salad, choice of chicken dijon or beef tips and gingerbread roulade.
$2 Tuesdays at Red Mesa Boyne City and Traverse City:$2 pints and $2 tacos and enchiladas.
Prime rib Thursdays at Giovanni's in Interlochen$8.95 6 p.m. to close, also pizza and a pint for $5 on Tuesdays.
Early bird special at the New York Restaurant in HS as well-- buy one entree get one free:)
Up until this summer, Poppycock's in downtown TC hadn't raised their prices like forever...a healthy lunch for four (entree, salads, drink and bread) = $30.32. Still a good deal at lunch...it's the kind of lunch that makes for a light dinner, if you're hungry for dinner at all...unless you're me and eat anyway...I'm premptively chubbing up for the recession (at least that's my story). Sad.
Emily,
You really should stop at Mary's Kitchen if you're in the U.P. It's a new bakery and cafe in Engadine and has absolutely the best cookies, breads and cinnamon rolls anywhere - not fancy fare, but light and chewy and fresh. She grinds her own flour. It's down home fare, neither expensive nor fancy because most of her patrons are from the area and won't patronize a place that charges too much. Definitely worth a stop. Your sweet tooth will thank you for it.
Leslie Askwith
Oops! Make that Mary's Garden. Leslie
Thanks, Leslie. Sounds like a true find!
Go to Restaurant.com and put in your zip code. I know there are probably more deals downstate, but we've used these twice at The Roadhouse. It's worth it to sign up for their email, too, because about once a week they send you discounts on the discounts!
Attachments:
Blu in Glen Arbor is currently featuring a wonderful Friday night special, two dinners and a bottle of wine for $49. Includes two salads, available every Friday until April 2010.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

MyNorthTickets.com

© 2014   Created by Michael Thompson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service