Ups and downs about relocating to northern michigan

Home Page Forums It’s Great to Be a Northerner Ups and downs about relocating to northern michigan

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MiHome MiHome 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Becky
    Becky
    Participant

Im looking for the good and bad of moving to northern mi. any comments?

Profile photo of timmoore
    Tim Moore
    Participant

i was hoping  someone had replied to this..just came across this , we are thinking of it ourselves..from Florida..did you  make the move?

Profile photo of Rhonda Nicholas
    Rhonda Nicholas
    Participant

The good is obvious… just look around and drink in the beauty!  There is no place on earth like the Grand Traverse region, and I am delighted to be back.  After nearly 40 years of living elsewhere, I have come to the realization that there is nowhere else that makes my heart sing like Traverse City, Michigan.  Yes, the weather can be a challenge, but for every kind of weather there is some kind of specialty clothing store ready to accommodate your needs!  So grab your foul weather gear if it’s raining, or your long johns and wool socks if it’s snowing, or your SPF 50 if the sun is brightly shining, or your windbreaker if the breezes are not balmy… and just enjoy the beauty that is Northern Michigan!

Profile photo of Becky
      Becky
      Participant

@tim no we didnt move yet hubby cant decide when he wants to retire

Profile photo of MiHome
    MiHome
    Participant

We just retired and moved from Pa to Northern Mi in Aug and are loving every minute of it!! We are avid boaters and snowmobilers and could have moved anyplace on earth (since we have no children) and we chose Gaylord Mi for the low cost of homes, proximity to great shopping & beautiful low humidity summers and snow filled winters….Best decision we ever made!! (it is snowing outside now & it is an absolute wonderland!!!)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx