What is Up North’s most breathtaking scenic overlook?

Home Page Forums Travel What is Up North’s most breathtaking scenic overlook?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cindyaratowski Cindy A. Ratowski 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Emily Tyra
    Emily Tyra
    Participant

I’m a fan of the lush spring green of Deadman’s Hill in the Jordan River Valley…where else is worth a spring drive? Or hike for that matter?

Profile photo of cindyaratowski
    Cindy A. Ratowski
    Participant

Empire Bluffs, nice hike and nice view! Take a container of bubbles on a windy day…it makes for a great photo op!

Profile photo of sue1
    s
    Participant

Love the view from the patio in front of Leg’s Inn. Go there for a wonderful meal and a spectacular view of Lake Michigan, several islands and lighthouses.

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

The porch at the Arcadia Bluffs clubhouse is a pretty nice view! And you can enjoy a meal or a glass of wine while you are taking it all in. If you are lucky, the strolling bagpiper adds some atmosphere as the sun goes down on another perfect day.

Profile photo of Michael Thompson
    Michael Thompson
    Keymaster

Have to agree with Gtalaga here. Pyramid Point is by far one of the best scenic overlooks that you can also freely hike.

Profile photo of robalway
    Rob Alway
    Participant

The scenic overlook just north of Arcadia on M-22 is one of the best views of Lake Michigan.

Profile photo of deanbull
    Dean Bull
    Participant

There are so many! But one stands out for me that has not been mentioned: The Manistee River High Bank Rollaway. During the logging days, logs were piled at the top of the bank until the spring thaw. Then the logs were rolled down into the river so they would float to the saw mill. Check this link. http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM415P
    Dean Bull

Profile photo of michelle1
    Michelle
    Participant

View from the top of Sugarloaf is amazing in all directions!

Profile photo of peterjohnston
    Peter Johnston
    Participant

Yeah it’s a really nice place to propose. I love it there. Visited in 97 and was amazed by the beauty as we all didn’t quite expect it. Very scenic and even on a cloudy day the views were breathtaking. Actually I’d love to visit at night and we all want to return soon. This year we went on one of those Bahamas packages and although it was extremely beautiful with powder sand beaches and an aquamarine sea I actually prefer Deadmans Hill, not sure about the wife though, she is definately a beach person. Hope to visit again soon.

Profile photo of joansorenson
    Joan Sorenson
    Participant

It’s even better if you can be at Leg’s Inn at sunset :)

My favourite view in Northern Michigan has to be the view from the Pictured Rocks in Marquette. Lake Superior is stunning, and stretches for miles, while the rocks themselves are glorious. The alcove at Lover’s Leap is really awesome, and if you catch the water on the right day, it’s Caribbean Blue.

Profile photo of Rachel North
    Rachel North
    Keymaster

Pierce Stocking and the view from Willow Vineyards on Hilltop Rd. off of M-22 just south of Suttons Bay

Profile photo of ericschmith
    Eric Schmith
    Participant

Gabe, thats where I was going to propose to you.

Profile photo of Tom Carr
    Tom Carr
    Participant

I second Dean’s suggestion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.