15th Anniversary

Last weekend, my wife and I enjoyed a three-day weekend celebrating our 15th anniversary. Of course, it was Up North. Leelanau. M22. Glen Arbor. Port Oneida. Leland. Northport. Omena. Suttons Bay. Traverse City – and then across M72 back to Glen Arbor. Unlike down-state, the colors were still at peak. A best-kept secret in the lower parts of the LP. We also had to hit all the art galleries and of course, Sleeping Bear Dunes and Empire…beautiful. We timed our stops with food. Great food. Seriously. We like to eat. It’s true. Sad. But true.

Article Comments

4 thoughts on “15th Anniversary”

1. Congrats Darren, and to Deborah, too. Sounds like you had a beautiful trip … fun to recall in my memory those beautiful places. Lots of good places with great food. Why not? Tom

2. Hi Barb, a belated happy anniversary to you and yours! Thanks for reading…you are wearing your shirt to remind of your time up north, I seem to flip through pictures, read Traverse or find sites like this to get me through until my next trip. We ate at Poppycock’s downtown. We’ve been going there for 15 years now. Love it. Good pasta, sandwiches. Great clam chowder. We also ate at Martha’s Cafe in Sutton’s Bay. Great salads and Racellte (Leelanau’s own from the Hoyt’s. Hmmm, where else? Red Ginger in downtown TC too. A little pricey. But it was our anniversary so we splurged that meal. Amical in TC is good too. If you eat breakfast there, you won’t need a lunch (time savings!). Take care and thanks for the note, Darren

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx