My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Last Wednesday did not start off very well for your hardworking Chamber director – in fact, I think of it as my own version of “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day”. My dog was sick, I was not feeling well myself (Different causes since she ate the kitchen trash and I didn’t.) and as I dropped my coffee cup in the kitchen sink. I also dropped my phone and my keys in the dishwater. By the time I got to the Chamber office, late, after following a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim driving in super slow-mo north on US 31, I was hovering about six inches above the floor!

Then five Manistee businesses turned it all around. First, I went to see Joe Dumas at Port City Organics. Joe listened to my ailments, suggested a couple of natural remedies to help me feel better, gave me some vitamin samples, a hug across the counter and an organic cookie and sent me on my way. Then Tim at Bottrell Wireless swapped my sodden cell phone for a loaner, so that my phone could dry out and maybe heal itself (it did). Next I went to the Open House at Pamela’s Interior Design and had a great conversation with Pam Schindlbeck (the remodeling looks fantastic) and Kevin Mulvihill from Abonmarch. While I was there, Aimee Kieszkowski of The Purse Princess was there and I bought the cutest spring bag (it’s a girl thing!). Finally I sat with Marilyn Barker and did some very creative thinking about how to raise money for this year’s Forest Festival fireworks. By the end of the day, I was back to my regular self and raring to go!

That’s Manistee for you! Turn someone’s day around this week!

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx