Rally Monkeys

My Mom is a fervent Detroit Tigers fan. My whole family loves the Tigers, but my mom is the only one that has the Maglio Ordonez hat with the curly hair attached. Fans know that the Tigers seem to run out of steam a little bit in the 6th inning and that’s when the crowd turns their hats inside out and flips the bill up and starts waving the Rally Monkey. Sometimes the Tigers rally and sometimes they don’t but Mom is always certain that they’ll pull it off.

As you must have read, Manistee had its rally caps on last week. The 73rd Annual Forest Festival will have fireworks on July 3rd, thanks to several businesses and individuals. One business that was wearing their rally cap was Victorian City Car Port. Owners Greg and Wonda Kinnan called me last week and donated $1000 to pay for fireworks. The Kinnans know a thing or two about rallying – Victorian City Car Port is actually expanding to open a second location this summer. Look for their new location on US 31 South in Manistee at the site of the former Clark station. It’s good to see a business grow, especially now!

The origin of the actual rally monkey? You’ll have to Google it!

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx