Shakespeare in the Park

This weekend Riverside Productions presents its annual Shakespeare play here in downtown Traverse City. My daughter and I look forward to this every summer. Whatever the play, it’s always a great way to spend a couple of hours. The setting is idyllic—Hannah Park—along the banks of the Boardman River. We pack a picnic, spread a blanket and prepare to laugh at mistaken identities, plays on words and general buffoonery. With the exception of last year’s “Romeo and Juliet” the plays are generally comedies.

This year the play is “The Merry Wives of Windsor”. The cast is headed up by Old Town Playhouse favorite, Jan Dalton. I’ve seen him in many roles over the years, and he is always outstanding. Frankly I’d pay to hear him read the telephone book. He’s that good. Many of the other players are OTP veterans, too.

It promises to be a good show. And it’s free although donations are gratefully accepted. Curtain time is 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. For more details visit MyNorth.com’s calendar of events.

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx