Whine Blog Issue VII – Winning a Gold!

So its been a little while since I have sat and written ‘a blog’ and yes this started as a “whining” blog but I don’t have much to “whine” about right now, because Ciccone Vineyards is flying high!

I guess this is what Mary Lou Retton or Michael Phelps felt like standing on the Olympic Gold Medal stands receiving that red, white and blue ribbon with the shiny, heavy piece of gold attached to it. A sense of accomplishment, pride or even a little bit of greed, that feeling of wanting to stick your tongue out at everyone who said you couldn’t do it and here you are winning top prize.

Well Ciccone Vineyards recently won a Gold Medal in the Michigan Wine and Spirits Competition for our 2007 Pinot Noir a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I thought to myself was “and they all said Michigan couldn’t do reds”. Well get with the program all of you red wine doubters. Gill’s Pier won Best of Class for their Cab/Merlot blend, and many other Northern Michigan wineries took prizes for red wines.

So what is so special about this 2007 Pinot Noir. She is a very young red wine and when first poured she seems shy and a little embarrassed with her rosy blush color. But then she opens up with an amazing bouquet of cherries and then at the very end she will kick you with her sassy spices like cinnamon or clove. This Pinot Noir is great for the summer months and goes really well with your barbeque.

So I just wanted to brag a little about the success of Ciccone’s and the Northern Michigan wineries at the recent competition.

(I pictured me saying this blog with my hands on my hips and fingers just a pointing maybe a little tongue sticking out at one point going “na-na boo boo”)

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx