Green video: Why do most subdivisions look so bad?

This is LandChoices first video from our official LandChoices TV YouTube Channel. It’s short and the audio needs improvement, but it’s a start for our grassroots, all volunteer, non-profit organization.

Noted land conservation planner Randall Arendt, the nation’s expert on conservation subdivisions, discusses subdivision design. Randall is talking with architect Ed Noonan, creator of Tryon Farm, a conservation community in Michigan City, Indiana.

Water quality, natural areas, wildlife and working farmland can be preserved using innovative conservation development. Approximately three-quarters of the 170-acre landscape at Tryon Farm will always be preserved as rolling pasture, meadows, woods and ponds.

Stay tuned. I’ll be posting more videos soon, and they will be longer, but still under two minutes. I’m working on purchasing editing software that will let me adjust audio levels, so I promise to do my best to improve our audio. Please feel free to copy the embedded code and post this video on blogs, websites, etc. to help share the knowledge.

Learn more at LandChoices.org.

Learn about Randall Arendt.

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx