Toward the end of last week we got blasted with colder temps across much of the state that allowed most resorts to kick their snowmaking into high gear. Last Friday’s Fall Line Post, Let it Snow, we talked about snow, who was making it and when they planned on being open. Beating out everyone’s predictions a number of areas opened up ahead of their anticipated dates including, Boyne Highlands for some free riding on Saturday, Cannonsburg, Bittersweet and Mt. Brighton also opened up. Here’s the latest on who’s doing what:
* Alpine Valley is pushing a 14″ base with 2 lifts and 2 trails open.
* Apple Mountain is currently planning on opening Dec. 12th.
* Big Powderhorn has received 12″-18″ in the past 24hrs and is prepping to open on Dec. 11th.
* Bittersweet has a 10″ base with 3 runs open.
* Blackjack is making snow on top of a 12″ base and planning to open Dec. 12th.
* Boyne Highlands ran this past weekend with 1 run and aprox. 24″ base. Closed for the week and reopening on Dec. 11th.
* Boyne Mountain making snow and anticipating a Dec. 11th opening.
* Caberfae was finally able to start snowmaking on the 4th and has an 8″ base that is growing. The current plan is to open Dec. 11th.
* Cannonsburg opened up on Sunday for riding on a couple runs and will be operating from 4pm-10pm this week.
* Crystal Mountain is opening this Friday, Dec. 11th. Hours and details to come.
* Hanson Hills has started the snowmaking process and anticipates opening Jan. 8th.
* Hickory Hills is rumored to have allowed people out hiking last weekend, but the official start date is Dec. 18th.
* Homestead Resort is working to be open on Dec. 19th
* Indianhead has received 5″ of snow in the past 24hrs and plans to reopen on Dec. 11th.
* Marquette Mountain is pumping out the snow and will open Thursday Dec. 10th 10am-5pm.
* Mont Ripley is anticipating a Dec. 12th opener
* Mt. Bohemia has received 14″ in the past 48 hrs, more is anticipated.
* Mt. Brighton is open this week from 3pm-9pm Monday thru Thursday.
* Mt. Holiday is making snow and targeting a Dec. 11th opening date.
* Mt. Holly is boasting 6 trails open on a 6-20″ base and will be open from 3pm-10pm Monday and Tuesday, then re-evaluate conditions for the remainder of the week.
* Mulligan’s Hollow has their snow guns cranked up when they can. The current plan is a Dec. 19th opening at 11am.
* Norway Mountain is building the base up and planning to open Dec. 11th with 3+ runs open.
* Nub’s Nob opened up 4 runs last Sunday! They are temporarily closed and plan on opening for the season Dec. 11th.
* Pando will be reopening Dec. 11th
* Pine Knob is running on a 12″-30″ base and is currently open.
* Pine Mountain will be opening on Dec. 12th from 9am-4pm.
* Porcupine Mountains is anticipating more natural snow and planning on a mid-December opening.
* Shanty Creek is working hard to build up a base and planning for a Dec. 11th opener, 9am-4:30pm.
* Ski Brule has been open since Thanksgiving weekend and operating on 7 trails.
* Snow Snake is currently making snow, potentially looking at this weekend or next.
* Swiss Valley continuously making snow when weather permits.
* Timber Ridge is cranking out snow and planning on opening soon.
* Treetops is making snow and anticipating a Dec. 18th opening.
Check back as we will continuiously updating this list as the info is available. If you have info on an area opening up, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it up on our Facebook Page.