MyWHaT mainly zeroed-in on the future direction of Traverse City’s 8th St this past week. We encouraged readers to write a letter/email to the city urging that, beginning in 2010, any 8th St. construction & design needs to be a Complete Street–providing for all users with improved sidewalks, cross walks, bike lanes, narrower traffic lanes and other traffic calming measures…with intentional design.
There was plenty written about it this week and I’ve categorized MyWHaT’s take in one link. Read-up and then come prepared to speak out or lend support at Monday night’s city commission meeting. They have received over 200 emails on this subject–unprecedented–and the room is expected to be packed.
You can RSVP at: Complete the Street: Tsunami from the Bay
Posts from this Week:
• 8th Street Kerfuffle, Categorized-includes all related posts
In other posts:
• The portable bike lane, Tools
• A pushie doesn’t need no stinking bike lane, Visual Stimulus
• Everyone has a corpus callosum in need of exercise, Visual Stimulus, Tools
• What exactly is an epistle & other interesting chatter, Chatter
The image below, a visual of why a bike lane makes more sense than a shared roadway with wider lanes…