GLEANING INFORMATION ON A CHOSEN TRAIL – WHAT SITE HAS HELPED ME THE MOST?

It is one thing to decide on a hike and another thing to get great information in a simple manner. For me having the directions on how to get there, how difficult a hike is it, a map of the trail, do I need a pass, are there bathroom facilities – I just want it all in one spot.  For me the answer has been:  A guide to many hiking trails in northwestern lower Michigan, most within an hour of Traverse City.

www.aticonsult.com

Having tried the state’s new “The Up North Trails” website, I find I need to return to my original guide which continues to help me in a more concise manner.
The Grand Traverse Conservation District has just published their “PARKLANDS TRAIL GUIDE” for nine great trail systems.  It is the best publication I have seen with their great maps and descriptions of these trails throughout Grand Traverse County.  I found I had hiked eight out of the nine trails; hopefully that ninth one will soon be checked off my list.
Recently I was given an honor:   http://michiganfitness.org/communities-move  as a fitness ambassador in Michigan.
I will post two beautiful pictures of 7 Bridges which I took last year.  Soon I will post pictures of Timbers and Clay Cliffs which are do-not-miss trails.  Of course, to me they are all do-not-miss!

Article Comments

Leave a Reply

People Who Like Thisx